Top 7 Thanksgiving Recipes with a Twist
Turkey Day is right around the corner so I wanted to share a few fancyish Thanksgiving recipes.
I’m a food freak. And…Pinterest has catapulted me into a new realm of freakiness. I get all googly eyed when I come across my kind of recipes. I’d like to think I have a pretty good track record for seeking and executing awesome recipes based on the very minimal criticism (jointly from myself and others) and mostly rave reviews. No clue how or why I suck at making my own creations but I rock at finding other people’s masterpieces.
All that being said, I’ve decided to share a few recipes I’ve discovered over the past few years that we truly loved . Some of these are beyond perfect for Thanksgiving Day while others are just pure falltopia. Yep, just made that one up.
Make them, enjoy them. They all make me thankful for my keen eye and grateful for other people’s talented concoctions.
1) Apple Cider Sangria from How Sweet it Is – This rocked my world. Seriously. Update: This sangria is very sweet so I add a TON of club soda to it. This year, I will have club soda next to it so that people can add to their liking.
2) Pumpkin Pie Martini from Wicked Good Kitchen – This was a bit of a hassle to make (for those of us that are impatient) but oh so yummy!
3) Pumpkin Scalloped Potatoes from Recipe Girl – Even my sweet potato hating hubby devoured these suckers. A tasty twist on the norm…
4) Barefoot Contessa’s Herb Roasted Turkey Breast – I’m not generally a giant fan of turkey but this super simple recipe was the perfect little turkey to make during the holiday season for a low-key family dinner. Soooo tasty (and juicy)!
5) Cranberry Turkey Cabbage Wraps – These were a fun twist on Turkey Day flavors all wrapped up in a healthy little package! Great for lunch or a light dinner to use up those leftovers!
6) Emeril’s Pumpkin Walnut Bread Pudding with Kentucky Bourbon Sauce – I happen to love bread pudding so this was right up my alley. A bit more labor intensive than other desserts but I love it enough to justify the hassle.
7) And of course, My Favorite Cherry Pie!!! Okay, so maybe Cherry Pie doesn’t qualify as a “twist” but it’s my blog so I’m adding it to the list. Nah!
Now go eat!